Definitions of Cookies
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small piece of data that your internet browser places on your device so that it can be recognized when it returns in the future. The cookies enable us to secure our website, remember your preferences, and personalize content for your future visits. No harm is done from having tracking cookies on your device and they are only placed to streamline your experience with our website.
Beyont’s Use of Tracking Cookies
- Session Cookies – are temporary cookies that are stored on your device to track your interaction with the website in the current session. These cookies are used to allow shopping cart functions, form fill out functions, and improve reverse navigation of web pages. These tracking cookies are only stored as long as the browser session is open and are cleared from device once the session is ended.
- Persistent Cookies – are stored on your device long term to allow browsers to remember your historical preferences on a webpage. These can be used in login chains, target advertising, and web page bookmarks.
- Third-Party Cookies – are set by domains or websites other than the one that you are specifically visiting. These cookies are set by other companies through our website and are commonly used from advertisements or analytics/website tracking.
For more information about cookies please visit – http://ico.org.uk/.
- What happens if you don’t allow cookies?
If cookies are not enabled in your device’s browser your experience on our website will be limited and could potentially block sections of the website completely. For example forms cannot be filled out and eCommerce purchase cannot be completed.
- How do I disable/enable cookies?
To enable/disable your cookies follow the instructions specific to your web browser(s).